2021 Video Marketing Statistics: Why Video Matters To Your Brand
It can be hard to understand if something is getting the hype it deserves or if it’s just all fluff. And that is often common in marketing.
As trends come and go every other day, brands struggle to understand where to put their money for sustained growth.
For the past few years, video content has been getting a lot of attention from consumers, brands, and marketers. And its performance, ROI, and engagement have proved video’s mettle considerably. But the doubt still remains in quite a few brands. Is video content still worth it? Can you truly see a difference by focusing on video marketing?
Well, nothing like the proof from past performances and stats to bring the value of video content home. Whatever we cannot convince you of, we hope these statistics can.
Video content can bring a world of difference to your brand’s marketing and outreach programs. So the best time to jump into this trend was yesterday. And the next best time is now.
Do not wait for the market to become even more saturated. Start creating ASAP. And if you do not know how to begin and where to invest, this guide by Kimp is here to hold your hand in this journey.
Video Marketing: The answer to all marketing questions
Looking for engagement on social media platforms? Create videos.
Want your blog posts to reach a larger audience? Repurpose them into videos and include videos in them.
Do you want to drive traffic to your ecommerce site and improve conversions? Create shoppable videos on social media.
Are email open rates too low? Just include the word “Video” in your subject lines to see an instant difference.
Video content is truly the answer key to all marketing problems, whether or not you realize it.
Sleeping on video content is not an option anymore. Knowing how to leverage video content properly is Marketing 101. And it is not just us who says this. 84% of marketers consider video creation skills essential for marketers.
But the reality is video creation is not a straightforward task, and it can overwhelm anyone when you are just starting up. There is so much variety in video content that it can stump you.
So here is a quick guide for anyone entering video marketing before we get into the video marketing statistics:
- Focus on easy to create videos that do not require heavy production and tools. Videos shot on mobile are a complete crowd favorite currently and cost you only a fraction of elaborate video productions.
- Explore short-form video content for quick production and increased engagement on social media.
- Understand the value of each type of video content (how-to, explainer, cinematic shots, Short-form content, FAQ, and so o.) at each stage of marketing. This will help you choose the right format for your marketing intent and save a lot of time, money, and resources.
- Shoot with editing in mind. Yes, we mean it. For a beginner video content creator, ideation is more important than flawless execution. Create videos you can easily fix in edits and work with a design team that gives life to your ideas.
- Invest in quality props, background or green screen, and ring light setups so that the aesthetics of your video is always on point.
- Explore the current video trends to create engaging content for your audience.
Now that you have a small insight into the video marketing world, let us move on to understand its value in your brand’s marketing journey.
Excited to see what the numbers have to say?
Let’s dive right in then.
2021 Video Marketing Statistics
Why choose video?
Let’s get right into it, shall we? Many experts can claim that the video content can do wonders for you, but the heart wants what it wants. Marketers and brands want proof that their investment will bear fruit for them.
So here are a few reasons why your brand needs video marketing in 2022 based on the 2021 statistics:
- First off, driving traffic to websites, especially ecommerce sites is a major challenge. The Internet is quite crowded right now. But video can solve your hurdles in this respect. According to a survey by Cisco, 82% of all IP traffic to websites will come from online videos by 2022. This is 15 times higher than the estimated traffic volume in 2017.
- Not just traffic, studies also tell us that customers spend 88% more time on sites with video than those without.
- Speaking of ecommerce sites, 84% of consumers agree that they have bought a product or service based on a brand’s video. And video is the favored choice of communication for 72% of customers over books, blogs, and instruction manuals. So, video is what the customers demand from brands.
- In terms of social media engagement too, internet consumers share videos 12 times more than text and images put together. Given the viral capacity of images, this is a major boost indeed.
- If you want your content marketing strategy to generate quality leads for your brand and make deals close better, then video marketing is what you need. One survey tells us that video brings in 66% more qualified leads per year. And SaaS companies that use video in their presentations have a 41% higher chance of closing a deal.
In conclusion, no matter what stage of marketing you are at – video marketing can truly come in handy.
Video Marketing amidst the Pandemic
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit the world, a lot of things changed. One of them was the way brands approached customer relations and marketing. Needless to say, the pandemic had a major impact on the state of video marketing as well.
- Video was already having a huge impact on marketing, around the world, but became even bigger in a COVID-19 impacted world.
- Most marketers agreed that video remained a priority for them in the immediate aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic announcement. It grew steadily from 91% of market support in 2019, to 92% in 2020, and to 93% in 2021. This shows that video content has remained a constant for the marketing world because of its ROI.
- In terms of video marketing budget too, 70% of brands upped their budget in 2020 to produce quality and engaging content for their consumers during the pandemic.
But was it worth it? Has video content really gotten such great ROIs during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Well, 96% of consumers agreed that their video consumption skyrocketed during the pandemic, and 9 out of 10 people looked for videos from brands.
- Search engines saw an impact too. Video drove an increase of 157% organic traffic from search engine results.
- According to a report by Think With Google, video became a place for people to connect and work together amidst the social distancing and isolation protocols. Search on YouTube geared towards making life inside the home more palatable with WFH tutorials, workshops, cooking recipes, and workout ideas. In a way, the video kept everyone sane and distracted for a while.
The COVID-19 pandemic and video marketing statistics tell us that video content still has a lot of room to make an even bigger impact. And that video holds the potential to transform your marketing strategies and even your relationship with your customers.
As it often happens, marketers and social media keep feeding particular content to consumers, but they seem to be completely uninterested. Any mistake like this can completely derail your marketing strategy and put a major dent in your budget too.
So before we go any further, let us take a look at the statistics for online video consumption so that we know video marketing’s true worth.
We already know that, because of the pandemic, online video consumption rates from customers increased for at least 96% of consumers. But has the trend remained on as restrictions ease and we inch closer to business as usual?
Yes and in fact, in 2022 we expect consumers to spend an average of 16 hours per week on online video consumption.
This trend has another curious side effect. The volume of stock video on the Internet has gone from 4.49 billion files in 2019 to 10.04 billion files in 2021. More people are creating stock videos for consumers and brands to leverage.
In addition to all this, Instagram Reels, TikTok, Snapchat, and Twitch are specific video-only platforms that have witnessed unprecedented growth in the last couple of years.
So all in all, we assure you that customers are increasingly consuming online video content. When done well, it can truly change the face of your brand’s marketing efforts.
Wondering what good video content looks like for your brand? Some of our video marketing guides are here for your reference:
- 2022 Video Marketing Trends: 8 Ideas For Your Campaigns
- 8 High-Impact Marketing Video Ideas Your Business Needs
- 8 Ways To Repurpose Video Content Across Channels
Video Marketing Distribution
Marketing experts always proclaim “Distribution >>>> creation” in content marketing. And this holds for video marketing as well.
We know now that video marketing is at its highest point currently with miles to climb in the coming years. Consumers are watching videos and your peers in the industry are leaving no stone unturned in creating video.
But it is equally important to know where the peak consumption of video is happening. Each platform has varied preferences, so these video marketing statistics can help you align your video design accordingly.
Top Video Marketing Platforms:
- As per consumers, the top platforms for them to consume video content are Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, and YouTube over the last two years.
- In terms of devices, 62% of consumers are consuming video content via their smartphone or tablet. And this makes mobile optimization a mandatory requirement for all the videos you create for your brand.
- After social media, landing pages and product pages take the lead with video content.
Video & Landing Page Statistics:
Landing pages are becoming increasingly visual in the past few years. Designers and marketers are choosing the minimalistic route here. And they are choosing elements that strengthen brand value over everything else.
While forms are a common occurrence on these pages, it looks like video must be one too.
- Studies tell us that including a video on your landing page can improve your conversion rate by 80%. That is huge and important because brands spend an inordinate amount of advertisements to bring traffic to landing pages, and video can mint returns for them on this.
- Even in PPC ads and search engine ads, video landing pages have a 53% higher chance of showing on a search result than one without.
Ecommerce Video Marketing Statistics:
We have already discovered that video content is going to be responsible for most internet traffic to websites. But is there any other way video marketing can come in handy for ecommerce brands?
Let’s take a look at what the statistics have to say on that:
- Ecommerce sites are 184% more likely to close a sale if the traffic comes via a user-generated video. Also, these consumers are likely to spend 45% more.
- If you are an ecommerce site with an active blog, we have good news for you. Your blog posts with video attract 3x inbound links compared to those without. It is a major boost for your SEO efforts that can come directly by just incorporating video in your blogs.
YouTube Video Marketing Statistics:
YouTube is synonymous with video content, isn’t it? Even if many new video content platforms crop up, the OG is always the OG. So, it is completely unsurprising to us that there are so many statistics to vouch for its effectiveness.
- Millennials prefer YouTube right after Netflix for their online video consumption.
- Over 1 billion videos get consumed on YouTube every day.
- 90% of customers discover brands and products on YouTube videos.
- In fact, 88% of consumers claim that YouTube videos help them make better and faster shopping decisions.
YouTube is ideal for uploading short-form, long-form, promotional and educational content. This platform has space for everything, and this is your sign to start a YouTube channel for your brand ASAP.
Facebook and Instagram Video Marketing Statistics:
Facebook and Instagram have evolved much beyond their original roles in video marketing. These two platforms rank higher than most for video content and branded marketing, so let us see how 2021 was for them too.
- Studies tell us that organic engagement is the highest for posts with videos on Facebook.
- Overall, 75 million people pay a visit to the platform’s Facebook Watch section every day, spending an average of 20 minutes.
- On Instagram, video content is the most popular on Stories. Instagram stories have led people to discover brands and complete purchases too. So creating videos for stories can leave a lasting impact on your brand.
Social Media Ads for Video Marketing Statistics
Video ads have gained immense popularity over the past few years and have been raking in huge revenue for brands. So what makes an ideal video ad, and what is it you must look out for:
- Facebook is an excellent platform for your video ads, and that is why Facebook has over 500 million active video advertisers every month.
- Instagram video ads too receive thrice the engagement than that of images ads.
- Twitter video ads have a 2x higher CTR in website cards while compared to standard video ads. These ads are also responsible for boosting user retention by over 60%.
Top Video Types for your brand
We have mentioned that video content is a huge umbrella, and there are many categories within it. Understanding the value of each content type can help you make better decisions for your content strategy.
So what should you create?
Well, according to your peers in the marketing world, 72% of them prefer explainer videos, 49% prefer presentation videos, 48% choose testimonials, 42% go for sales videos, and 42% go for video ads.
The ideal length? Well, a little bit of everything is good according to consumers. Ideally, videos up to 2 minutes get the most engagement with some attention dropping off after this timestamp. But long-form videos that cross the 6-minute mark find audiences that stick to the end.
Video content can ideally help you in every stage of your marketing campaigns as:
- 84% of marketers agree that video helps them generate quality leads. We say quality leads because studies show us that 93% of marketers make a sale from video content.
- Customers too agree that video is the first content they consume from brands they eventually purchase from.
- Video content is also extremely helpful in the comparative stage of the buyers’ journey. 84% of consumers agree that video helps them make purchase decisions. And explainer videos that educate rank the highest in video content.
- Post-purchase as well, video has helped 93% of consumers understand their product better.
Step up Video Marketing in 2022 with Kimp
We are sure that this snapshot of 2021 video marketing statistics has made you excited to put your faith, and invest your marketing resources, in videos in the coming year.
As you should. Video can completely transform your brand online.
If it is budget and creative constraints holding you back, we strongly suggest putting that thought out of your mind.
With Kimp Video you can create videos that work across social media, landing pages, ecommerce sites, emails, and so much more. All for a flat fee. No additional charges at animation, editing, captioning, or text overlays.
Sign up for the free trial now.